- Student teaching at the Las Cruces Academy, fall semester 2011. Obtained K-8 New Mexico Teaching License with an additional endorsement in the Arts
- Teaching English to adults and children in Mexico, Venezuela, and California over the course of 15 years
- Creating and running a company which provided free after school tutoring in Language Arts and Math for disadvantaged children attending public schools in need of improvement; serving over 300 students throughout the state of New Mexico. She taught, developed curriculum, trained tutors, and mediated among district administrators, teachers, families and their children
- B.A., Art History, Northern Illinois University
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Cambridge University
Erica Surova first joined us as a volunteer student teacher completing her alternative K-8 licensure by the state of New Mexico. She lived in Mexico for 3 years and has taught English as a second language. Erica found us on our Website and joined us after demonstrating strong teaching skills in an interview with our board and advisors. In the fall semester of 2012, Erica joined us as a part-time teacher, currently a contractor and expected to become a faculty member as a regular employee.